Imagine, the news which you read yesterday, the same is being delivered today and may be the same will be delivered tomorrow. Would you enjoy or take interest in reading it like you enjoyed yesterday? Obviously no! We all like to read new, fresh and useful content. This means the base of website traffic is usefulness and freshness. It also means users read, share and like useful and relevant content over one that has no substance.
If your article is not upto the guidelines set by search engines it won’t get much traffic. Today, optimization involves both SEO and SMO. Webmasters must ensure both these tools are properly and proportionately utilized to earn maximum traffic.
How to Increase Website Traffic?
On the internet, writing is perishable. Since, several details come in every second, and users prefer article or website that is up-to-date. Therefore, it is important for webmasters to upload unique and fresh content frequently.
Additionally, if you are a blogger you should update your blog regularly with latest and fresh content. Make sure you serve your readers properly. Don’t fool your readers by re-posting stuff that is already posted last week or month or year. All these points might increase your website traffic.
How to be Unique on Page Search Engine Optimization?
While handling On Page SEO, webmasters should know and employ following points, compulsorily.
- Your page title should be catchy and interesting, as your title communicates what is inside the page. It should not exceed 66 characters.
- Your content should be audience-specific. Always keep your target audience in mind while writing.
- Focus on completeness. Do not provide incomplete information, as no one including you would like eating half-cooked food.
- Try to avoid long sentences. A paragraph of not more than 2-4 lines should be created.
- Meta description is mandatory. However, it should not exceed 150 characters. Also, including keywords in Meta description is not compulsory. Users read description therefore write perfectly and attractively.
- Don’t forget to give suggestions in your content (depending upon the need of your write-up). Also, don’t forget to add conclusion in the end.
How to Be Unique on Social Media Optimization?
In order to promote your website socially and want people to share your work, webmasters should know and use the following points.
- Internet users spend less time on one site, and in that minimum time they want to learn more about the portal. Therefore you have to work really hard to engage users. Make use of info graphics, sub headings and videos to convey your thoughts and services.
- If you are using info graphics, try to be unique, add watermark.
- Use sharing button of top social media sites like Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Readers use these buttons to share your content online.
- The more you socialize the more ranking you’ll get. Be active on social media sites, reply comments and clarify doubts. This sends a positive signal about your brand in the minds of people.
- Appreciation is very important here. Value your readers and appreciate their thoughts and comments.
- Develop engaging status post every alternate day.
The Bottom Line
SEO and SMO go hand in hand. Developing original content is of no use, unless you promote it socially and people share, comment, and read it. Fresh content is for users, but optimization is for search engines. Therefore, the webmasters should know how to impress readers and search engines.
In case you are not following the above tips, start doing it now. As they say ‘it is never too late to start something useful.’ Write, post, share and earn!