Friday, November 16, 2012

4 powerful reasons why marketing on the internet won't work for your business

Am I hearing this guy correctly?  Is he actually saying marketing a business on the internet won't work?  That's exactly what I'm saying; HOWEVER, let me explain.

Like any method of marketing there are do's and don'ts you have to abide by that can make or break
your marketing.  Guess what.  Internet marketing is no different!

So what are these so called reasons, Ron, is talking about why internet marketing won't work.

1.  Belief.  

Yep.  I said it.  If I don't believe that the solution I'm putting together is going to work then guess what.  It
probably won't.  Why?  Because if I'm not putting my heart and soul into something I want to change my
business it's going to show and the efforts I've made are pretty much useless.  Let me give you an example.  Let's take 2 landscaping companies.  I'm looking to hire a landscaper so I begin my search.  I find landscpaper A and he/she has a professional website with beautiful,pictures, powerful testimonials, an informative blog and other relevant content.  Landscaper B, who was recommended, has a one page site that says "this is us" but has spelling errors, no pictures and content that hasn't been updated in 2 years.  Do you think landscaper B really believes his/her on line presence is helping them?
   
And if I'm the customer even though Landscaper B was recommended do you think I'm feeling pretty
pretty good about that company.  Just remember folks.  A recommendation is great but people still check out companies.  Even if they're recommended!

2.   Bad  Service and Support

Ron, I tried internet marketing but got nothing and the only way I got help was if I paid somebody a fortune to help me.  Sound familiar?  Folks, if you don't have a good support team behind you that can guide you and assist whenever you need them then this could be a black hole for you.

That's the bad news.  The good news is there a wonderful companies (mine being one by the way) that provide phenomenal support at very reasonable rates.

3.   Using the wrong tools

What in the world do you mean, Ron?  Folks, there's an old saying.  FREE HAS NO VALUE!  If it's free there's a reason why it's free.  And that reason likely is IT DOESN'T WORK!  In all the years I've done this I've never seen a free solution that took a business to the next level.  And if it's free the tools/concepts behind the solution are likely garbage.  If they weren't do you think they would  be free?

4.   Not giving it time

Folks, no marketing solution works overnight.  If you don't give something time then you're wasting your money.

I love it when someone says my website has been up for weeks now and I haven't gotten any new customers.  Are you serious?  So if I had a billboard on the interstate that said "Free money" and nobody
called in the first couple of weeks but 50 people called in week 5 did that solution not work?  Come on
people!   Every marketing effort needs time.



So those are my reasons why an internet marketing/website solution WON'T work for you.  Obviously most of us know the future of business is on line but I hope this opens your eyes a little.

1 comment: